Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Morning Walks

Have you ever taken a walk along a beach? Well, I haven't. Not to many beaches here in Agrabah. But there are lots of dunes, and I hear tell from the traders that beaches have lots of dunes. This morning I got up early, and, since it wasn't too hot (we're having a blissful cold spell right now), I decided to take a walk on the dunes just beyond eastern Agrabah. Man, it was beautiful. I got to the Percival Dunes just before six, and I had breakfast on the top of the highest one (looked like a few hundred feet high, but I'm terrible at judging distances) as the sun rose. Wow. One of the traders in the market once told me that most westerners have never seen the sun rise. Never? Have you, yes you, ever seen the sun rise? Not in the city on your drive to work, but in nature. In the wild. It's an experience you must have before you die.

I went back to my roof not long after, because once it gets past 10:00 its too hot to be traveling in the desert without a camel. When I got back, Abu and Carpet were playing Mahjong together, and Abu was kicking Carpet's tassels. You know, I've never won a game of Mahjong against that monkey. I've also heard that most westerners have never played Mahjong. I looked online, and the closest thing I could find was a solitaire version. Beware, it's highly addictive. Play here.

See you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment